• So Much for That by Lionel Shriver
• Grace Williams Says it Loud by Emma Henderson
• Medic by John Nichol and Tony Rennell
• Teach Us to Sit Still by Tim Parks
• The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
• Angel of Death: The Story of Smallpox by Gareth Williams
All of the books are available in the Wellcome Library (catalogue details are given above) and the winner will be announced at an awards reception at Wellcome Collection, London, on 9 November 2010.
For more details – including a short film of Book Prize judges Clive Anderson, Maggie Gee, Dr Michael Neve and Dr Alice Roberts discussing the six shortlisted books – see the Wellcome Book Prize website.