Applications are welcomed for a new post at the Wellcome Library as a Specialist in Medieval and Early Modern Medicine.
Candidates should have a higher degree in History with specialisation in pre-modern medicine or science and must be able to demonstrate the following:
– A strong academic profile
– Knowledge of relevant collections, including those outside the Wellcome Library
– Knowledge of current academic work in fields relevant to the Library’s pre-modern collections
– Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to engage non-specialist audiences
– Strong influencing and persuading skills
– Good networking skills
– An aptitude for collaboration and team-working
– A reading knowledge of Latin and at least one other relevant foreign language.
The closing date for applications is 21st December 2011.